Thursday, August 2, 2012

Arm Photon Torpedos Cuz it's A Minefield!

I reported for duty just moments ago on "The Bridge" (my kitchen).  Mission, make a healthy dinner and pack ingredients to make something while visiting my mother this weekend.  I was also thinking ahead to when we take off for a weekend to visit the in-laws.  We are avoiding High Fructose Corn Syrup and other glucose soaring foods as well as wheat.

Ok breakfast is easy:  Yogurt, fruit, nuts, eggs and turkey bacon. 
 
We don't have fresh or frozen fruit at the moment and I thought "What about Canned jellied cranberry sauce to eat on the side with yogurt!"   I really thought I was on to something there, until I read the label.  High Fructose Corn Syrup is the first ingredient and Sugar is the third!  

I picked up a can of Chili Beans I am planning to make Taco Chili with tomorrow.  HFCS with a dash of Sugar again!  I picked up a can of something else... HFCS.  It's like I took a swan dive into the minefield and then rolled around a bit so I wouldn't miss setting anything off! 

Now I'm shellshocked and depressed.  

Eggs, Turkey bacon and cucumber salad left over from last night and maybe a fresh salad with feta cheese and tomatoes on a bed of baby Spring Mix.  

On a good note.  Dinner last night was a real hit (see prior entry for recipes).

No comments:

Post a Comment