Friday, September 21, 2012

Confessions of a Cocoa Freak

So I have now lost 25 lbs since going wheat and gluten free.  It would seem that I have stalled in the weight loss department at the moment, but the good news is that I have not gained any.  I sort of fell off the "sugar wagon" for a bit.  Oh yeah... I'm trying to avoid refined sugar and if I make anything that calls for it, I use Truvia.  

I had purchased a large bag of 60% cocoa morsels from Sam's Club, so you know it was a big bag!  I would have preferred more pure chocolate and less sugar, but that is the highest they had.  I had planned on making up some wheat-free chocolate cookies and freezing them so I would have them in a pinch to satisfy an urge or to slip into my hubby's lunch as a treat.  I ran low on Almonds after making up some Focaccia "bread" and freezing it and didn't get to the cookies. 

I eventually found myself nibbling at the bag of morsels, yeah yeah... I'm a chocolate freak at times!  I can honestly say that I didn't hit that chocolate like my past self would have because if I did... I would have put on a bit of weight.  To end my little daily raids I had to take a stand!  I decided to vacuum seal up the morsels into an assortment of 1 & 2 cup packets that now reside safely in the cabinet awaiting to be made into healthy little cookies free of added sugar.  I know I will not waste a vacuum sealed bag to open and nibble on it's contents because I wouldn't be able to reseal it.  So I call that a little victory. 

Sorry I don't have any recipes in this post.  
But I will be sharing a bunch of stuff I have discovered that may interest you in my next few posts.  Forgive me for missing in action for a bit, we have been dealing with some issues of serious illness in both our families and needless to say it can take somewhat of an emotional toll at times.  A few days last week, I found myself watching episode after episode of a TV drama I found on the internet that I had never seen before.  It was a way to keep my mind turned off from those things I didn't want to think about for a while.   Luckily, this food thing helped to bring me out of it and I started researching recipes and cooking again.  

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment