Monday, December 31, 2012

Muffin Tin Omelets

Since my mom's passing I haven't written anything new, but I did find this draft just sitting there waiting to be published.  Enjoy.  I will be posting new adventures shortly. 

I found some stuff online where people were making food in muffin tins.  I thought it was cute and a great way to have ready made portions.  So I gave it a try.  Since my hubby isn't really thrilled about taking yogurt to work and eating it every morning with blueberries and nuts... maybe I should shake it up a bit.  I decided to make some breakfast omelets with sweet potato waffle fries as the bottom.

I'm not going to say this was a great success, but I'm not going to call it a failure either.  Although, it was a learning experience for sure.  I probably should tell you that I've been experiencing major bouts of clutziness in the kitchen for a while now, well actually since we moved in here a couple months ago.  Yeah, I had you fooled didn't I... thinking I was spinning all kinds of cooking magic in there with ease.  In reality I'm afraid I might have started a few salmonella farms in a few select places.  If there is a surface in the kitchen/dining room that I haven't spilt, splattered or dropped something on well then I deserve a medal! 

This day was one of those days magnified by ten!  But I survived with minimal battle wounds.  Here is what I came up with:

I preheated my oven to 375 degrees.  I came up with this based on another oven omelet recipe I have seen.

I buttered my muffin tins and added some sweet potato waffle fries.


I whisked up some eggs, salt and pepper.  I got a bit carried away and beat them to a frothy mess!  I continued and added some peppers for my veggie element.


Yep... still nice and foamy, at this point I didn't know what to expect as the result when I pulled them out of the oven.  I threw some fresh parsley on top to add another colorful element so they wouldn't be boring... and after over 7 years of marriage, my hubby recently told me he likes to eat it!



Looking good!


Looking not so good. I should have used coconut or olive oil instead of butter or better yet muffin cups!


I served them that night on the side with a big salad, focaccia "bread"sticks and Humus.


No comments:

Post a Comment