Monday, October 29, 2012

Death and an Ice Cream Sundae


UPDATE on physical progress since being wheat-free since mid to late July 2012 I have:

1. Lost over 30lbs.  (I have more to go, but I am happy because it WILL keep coming off)
2. Over 95% of my pain has disappeared (spinal injuries)
3. All my little aches & pains have gone away
4. My female cycle has VASTLY improved and shortened in days & activity (ladies should know what I mean by that). 
5. I feel FREE and no longer confined by the prison of pain I was trapped in!
6. I look forward to being able to start exercising and knowing that I wont get stuck on the floor in pain because my hip/lower back got "locked up".  Last time that happened I wanted to kill my husband because it hurt so bad when he tried to help me up.  

UPDATE on cooking and food


Since my mother passed, things have been restless in the family.
It has not been easy these last few weeks.  I do find myself wanting to partake in a sundae with whipped cream quite often ( I have to have the whipped cream ) and I have indulged it.  Some people hit the booze, I have a sweet tooth.  It isn't really a craving per se... just one of those things you do for instant gratification when you feel down.  The last few days I also found myself raiding some supplies of "fun size" York Peppermint Patties at he in-laws.

In all of this "sugar haze", I have still lost weight.
Ok, it wasn't so much a sugar haze as it was falling off the sugar wagon a few times.  I know what you are thinking "Hey!  Ice cream has no wheat in it".  True, but I have been trying to limit sugar in all its refined forms as much as possible.

I just haven't really felt motivated to try anything new in the realm of cooking.
I haven't really felt too motivated to even eat much except that sundae now and again.

BUT, I have discovered that the crockpot is a life saver in such times.
Grab some veggies, potatoes, beans and meat and you are half way there.  Cleaning the veggies take some effort, but slice um and dice um then add some broth or tomato juice, spices and you have a huge pot of food that will last several days.  Gives you time to do other things.  In my case, mourn... but oddly family dynamics is even keeping me from doing that properly at the moment.

I promise, I will share food soon.  Afterall, my mom would not be happy with me flaking out on this and that I need to be doing it.  She told me several times when we were with her last month, "I'm proud of you and keep it up girl, you are looking good."



No comments:

Post a Comment