Monday, October 15, 2012

My Mother's Passing

I'm sorry to all my readers that I have not posted lately.  My mother that has been fighting cancer passed away last week.  I am sad that she is gone, but this is my own selfishness talking.  I am happy for her because I know where she has gone and am very comfortable and secure in that.  I am happy for her, but I will miss her.

I never imagined that I would be present when she passed.
It was a moment I shared with my husband and also our pastor.  Mom was laying on her side in her bed facing me.  I had my hand on the top of her head and the other on her hand.  My mom's eyes were shut the whole time we were talking to her, but she was responsive and communicated to us.  She did hear us and was not drugged up on morphine like so many are at such a time. Before she passed she opened her eyes and looked at me, I told the pastor and he went to get the rest of the family from the other room.  She looked up toward the ceiling for a while and I knew she was leaving.  She stopped breathing and closed her eyes.

I stayed with her until the hospice nurse came and then I left.
The last couple of days I find myself thinking "I'll have to tell mom about that" or "I should ask mom.."

I will not end this blog, my mom was very proud of me for getting my health turned around and also loosing the weight.  She told me to "keep it up girl, you're lookin' good".  So, for my mom I'll continue to share.

I do have an upcoming entry on blueberry muffins.  Mom wasn't too thrilled with those and enjoyed the chocolate chip cookies more.  But I think if I had of added more blueberries she would have liked them more.  I will try to post soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment