Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Wheat Belly Bread

I was so excited to see that Dr. Davis, author of Wheat Belly, had a bread recipe out that I could use my chickpea flour with.  I found it on the Dr. Oz website titled Wheat Belly Bread.

I have to admit, I was a little disappointed.  Not by the flavor, but by the texture.  It was a bit crumbly.  

I was hoping it would be a little more "breadlike" then what I took out of the oven.  I know it was my first crack at making it and I have to also admit that the stove in the apartment is kind of a relic and temperamental.  I didn't even leave it in the oven for the full time the recipe said!  If I attempt this recipe again in the future, I will probably shave off a few minutes of cook time while I am using this oven.

I really was hoping for something to use to make sandwiches that I could make in a loaf pan.  Well, there are a lot of things out there to try and on to something else!

Enjoy the photos.  Give it a go yourself, the flavor is good.  
I used Watkins Pure Ground Cinnamon which blows regular cinnamon away in flavor.  So there are notes of the cinnamon when I eat this bread.  It makes me want to slap some butter on it!  


 Looking down as I patted it into the loaf pan

 Side view before going into the oven

After cooking you can see it cracked and is a bit crumbly


Cross section of the bread



No comments:

Post a Comment