Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Pancakes!!!


Ok, I can only go for so long without wanting to eat something similar in texture to wheat bread or wheat products.  After discovering Chickpea flour (split chickpea variety), I was on board and ready to launch operation PANCAKE.  Oh yes, I was on top of that and you know it too!

I found a recipe online from The Wannabe Chef
It is a basic recipe and I pretty much enjoyed really getting to bite into something with that old familiar texture.  Sure, they were not as light and fluffy as pancakes made from wheat, but I was SO HAPPY with them anyway.

The first time making them I used Truvia in place of the sugar and served them topped with raw honey bought locally.  The second round of making them I added cinnamon and used sugar because I ran out of Truvia.

In some respects they do remind me of whole wheat pancakes because the chickpea flour gives them a bit of flavor whereas regular white wheat flour is bland and tasteless which causes one to rely on syrup or butter for flavor.

I will be making more chickpea flour pancakes and tweaking them as I go.
I LOVED to eat sweet potato pancakes and oh yeah... that is just a matter of time before I give that a go!  I suspect it will be good.  I also want to play around more with the cinnamon, other spices.  There is so much you can do with pancakes!  I will most likely take the leap into savory pancakes with this flour.  YUM!

I encourage you to go out pick up some chickpea flour and get cooking!  I will be tweaking and sharing  in the future.  Enjoy the photos (they do not show the cinnamon pancakes).


Skillet + Butter + Batter = Happiness!!!
 

Happily surprised by their texture!

Topped with local honey and yummy!



No comments:

Post a Comment